TISTA Science and Technology Corporation is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to join our growing team.
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology (IT) and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology's FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
● Minimum of 6 years of open-source software development experience
● Expert in Ruby on Rails backend framework and experience with at least one other modern web development framework (Django, NodeJS, etc.)
● Familiarity with the following:
○ Unix command line basics (curl, grep, awk, sed, chmod, ssh, etc)
○ Distributed systems
○ Modern software architecture
○ AWS tools
● Practitioner of modern software delivery practices
○ Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Experience dealing with legacy/third party dependencies successfully
● Ability and desire to learn quickly
● Ability to operate proactively in an unstructured environment
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is recognized in 2019 by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing private companies in the US. TISTA is also a recipient of 2019 Top Veteran-Owned Companies by the Washington Business Journal. TISTA also received a 2018 Moxie Award in the GovCon category.
Here at TISTA Science and Technology we value our Veterans and encourage all to apply!
#thinktista #tistacares #tistavaluesvets
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of TISTA to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. TISTA will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Tista is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301) 968-3420 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.